Kalachakra Temple Renovation Project
Khentrul Rinpoche has given us instructions on how to transform the Kalachakra Temple at Kalapa to better suit and display the precious Kalachakra Statue. The statue should not be placed so low and in such simple conditions. It needs to be shown off and displayed as the most precious object. For this Khentrul Rinpoche has had artist in Tibet design the new Shrine room to his specifications.
We will take the time to redo the Kalachakra Temple before his visit. This is a huge project that will take money, time, volunteers and contractors. We are still getting a final estimate for this fundraiser and will update it once we know it.
Work to be done
– Replace the Gompa Ceiling, add beams and install recessed lighting
– Repair the walls in the Gompa
– Reinstall the wainscotting and ceiling Trim
– Create wooden flames and paint them for the statue
– Shelving System and Shrine Room cabinetry to house the statue, Tengyur and Kangyur
– New external door for access to a storage location
– Carving of dragons on the Shrine Room Cabinet
– Tibetan rugs for the Gompa
– Sound system for the space and for streaming
– Painting the whole space and adding trim with Tibetan Designs.
– New cover made for the Tengyur and Kangyur
If you have any skills related to design, architecture, painting, artist painting, wood carving, cabinetry, house painting, electrician and can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org